Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where is my pillar?

“The LORD was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.” Exodus 13:21

I find myself crying more and more aloud to the LORD wondering how much longer I am to be patient to hear His true word spoken deeply into my heart. I daily find myself wondering just what it is that I am doing to create a separation that makes it hard for me to know and truly understand just what His plan is for me.

The LORD had Moses take the Israelites deep into the desert as they followed the pillar of fire that was placed before them by the Great I Am. The LORD had released the Israelites from the bondage they endured at the hands of the Egyptians. Egypt was bondage, the desert was freedom.

Many began to grumble and complain as they went deeper and deeper into the desert and some openly proclaimed that it would be easier to return to the bondage of Egypt rather then the freedom of the desert. The further they went into the desert, the greater the miracles that the LORD displayed became. I often times wonder through my impatience would I be one of the Israelites who while witnessing the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea and walking to the other side be the one who complained about the mud that he was being forced to walk through?

The LORD has placed that pillar in my path and I must spend each of my waking moments to seek and search it out. I must follow this pillar wherever it shall take me. As much as I want to know the plan the LORD has for my life right now, I know that when I exercise true patience that which He does for me will blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment