Monday, August 16, 2010

Fingerprints

As I find myself moving upon the path of life, I find God speaking to me in new ways. I find joy in the receipt of His revelation for my life so that I may truly live my life according to His good and perfect will. I find myself wanting to move deeper into trying to leave His fingerprint of redemption through my actions to display my true faith in His being.

I have often wanted to just act impulsively for His name. On July 30th, I was asked to go to Haiti leaving on August 19th. I did not have the finances to cover this trip yet I just impulsively stated I would go. I found this as an opportunity to leave His fingerprint. I also have a strong passion for Missions work as that is the one command that Christ left his followers with prior to ascending to Heaven. "Go therefore and make disciples.."

I also have a strong passion to work with early teenaged boys' and girls'. I believe this passion comes from my early teen years where I made some very bad life choices and I feel an urge to help this age group to not make some of the same mistakes that I made during a very crucial time in my life.

As I prepare for this journey, I pray that God will continue to bring His revelation to my life in such a way that He will show me how to meld these 2 passions in such a way to effectively allow me to use my strengths for His glory. I am also praying that by His will, He will reveal in me a way that I am able to take these 2 passions and be able to provide an income to continue fully in this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment