Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heart

I will not enter my house or go to my bed. I will allow no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids, till I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob. –Psalm 132:3-5

The dwelling place I have found for the LORD is my heart. I have come to understand that in order to give Him the space that He deserves, I must make certain that He has the space. I must clean out from my heart those things that interfere. I must make my heart an open vessel for His presence.

God is very clear. He does not desire a portion of my heart, He desires all my heart. He is jealous of those things that I have allowed to come before Him. Through Christ, we are told that we are to take up our cross and follow Him. In our western way of thinking, do we really understand the meaning of this? I think that the church in America in many ways believes that we are only to take up our cross with those things that don’t have a direct impact upon the way that we want to live our life. Nothing could be further from the truth. The cross signifies death and to take our cross and follow Christ means death to self.

I have been blessed with many things and one of those blessings is my life. I truly believe that I have been placed in this time for a reason. I know that God indeed has a plan for my life and it is purpose to pursue that plan with all my heart and all of my strength. He will reveal His plan for my life in His time, not mine.

I rejoice in His being. I am overjoyed when His still voice guides me along the path that He has laid before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment