Wednesday, May 4, 2011

His Final Fate

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. –Revelation 21:4

Like many, I awoke Monday morning to the news that Usama Bin Laden had met his final fate. I found it surreal as I watched intently of the reports of the operation that was launched to seal his fate. I was amazed at the efficiency displayed by men who trained years for such a mission as this.

As I digested the news, I also found myself conflicted on how I should react. As an American, I was happy to see that public enemy number 1 had finally been brought to the only justice that he and his kind could understand. He was a man filled with hate and rage for those who thought differently then what he believed. I found great irony in the reports that his final moments were that of a coward as he placed between himself and the warrior there to execute justice a woman. There are also reports that he had the look of fear in his final seconds.

I also found myself sad that another soul had been lost who had not acknowledged Jesus Christ as their savior. Satan was able to win one more battle in the souls of the living. Jesus Christ was very clear when He proclaimed “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” –John 14:6. I have to wonder if the fear on the face of Bin Laden as he knew his final fate was near was the fear of he knew what waited for him on the other side of his earthly life.

No comments:

Post a Comment